Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hosted by Imageshack

Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Eco-adventure Trail at Tagaytay Picnic Grove

The last time Sam and I were at the Picnic Grove, we saw a wooden bridge but didn't know how to get there.

Since then, Sam has gone back and now she tells me that to get there, we follow the path through the picnic tables. I wasn't able to guess that before as the path goes down the hill.
2006oct 063

Once we've come to the bottom of the path, I know it's called the Eco-adventure Trail because of this sign:
2006oct 076

The path goes upward again from there, and I found myself taking a breath after some time, wondering when the trail will end.
2006oct 069

Before long, we realized we had to cross a suspension bridge to finish the trail.
2006oct 072
I am not fond of suspension bridges as (1) It sways, and (2) I fear that the wood is old and rotten, therefore it might break while people are crossing it. It didn't help that kids before us were stamping their way across it.

Despite my fears, I did cross it (I'm the person who went snorkeling even if I don't know how to swim, remember?).
2006oct 074

The end of the trail is the other side of the Picnic Grove where you find the nice cottages and the View Deck Restaurant. As the name suggests, on top of the restaurant is a view deck:2006oct 077

As in all places in Tagaytay that has view decks, this place allows you to take a nice picture of Taal Volcano.
2006oct 079

No comments: