Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hosted by Imageshack

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Going to Singapore?

(From an entry in Vineyard):
Natixis Singapore agreed to host one trader from PNB to spend two days in their office and see how they run their dealing room. Ted, Rey and I were the candidates to go there. The piece of paper with my name on it was drawn earlier by Boss Mon, which means I get to visit the Natixis dealing room in Singapore... IF Budget approves the expenses.

Now, it's time to list down what I should get out of this trip other than being toured around by Cristy and shopping. Ha ha ha! To be honest, I wasn't that interested when the idea was first broached. I've been away from the thirds desk for a year, so I haven't really been dealing with Yannick or Carol. I expected that they'd give the slot to the third desk dealers.

Last thing I heard ... Natixis is willing to pay for the accomodation. Ted had asked Amex if they have a similar program ... Amex said yes ... but they will only pay for the plane fare. That doesn't mean I get free plane fare as well ... this means they can send a second trader with me to Singapore ... either Ted or Rey. The only problem will be accomodations. Cristy says I can stay with her if we ran out of options.

Wonder how this will turn out? It's a month from now, so I don't want to think about it till everything's been threshed out.

No comments: