Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hosted by Imageshack

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Flying Cebu Pacific to Dumaguete City

For domestic destinations, I have always been booked on Philippine Air Lines (PAL) with one exception where I flew Air Philippines when PAL pilots were on strike. That Air Philippines plane felt like a rickety bus that I would choose PAL over Air Philippines anytime. I haven't flown Cebu Pacific yet.

For the trip to Dumaguete, Bee and I chose Cebu Pacific, as it was almost PHP500 cheaper. Travel insurance isn't included, however, and since we wanted that, we paid additional PHP250. As the travel insurance option was never raised when I flew PAL, I think PAL automatically includes this in its fare. If so, then at this point, the difference between PAL and Cebu Pacific was now only almost PHP250.00.

When we got on the plane, I found the seats in Philippine Air Lines more comfy in comparison, although I am not sure whether PAL uses the same kind of plane when flying to Dumaguete. The PAL focker plane I took to Bicol on my first ever plane ride had better seats if my memory hasn't failed me, and that plane is smaller than this one.

During the flight, no free snack was served. If you are hungry, you have to buy from the stewards/stewardesses pushing the food cart along the aisle. That would probably cost you around PHP80.00.

The landing on Dumaguete airport wasn't smooth and was probably the bumpiest I've experienced.

As we got off the plane, i was thinking that my boss was right: flying PAL would have been better.

It's cool though that Cebu Pacific gave away 3 bag tags on the plane ride home, via a "bring me" game.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By jingfrey, shot with SONY ERICSSON P1i

I won the last one since I got a cellphone charger in my bag.

Also, even though Cebu Pacific has a reputation for late flights, the 2 trips I took with them were on time.

No comments: