Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hosted by Imageshack

Saturday, April 25, 2009

2009 Batanes Trip - Day 1: April 21, Album 1


 

Aunt Dolly, Uncle Lou, Aunt Veny, Aunt Fe, Glen, his wife Girlie and their kids were at the airport to welcome me and my friend Bee when we landed at Basco airport.  I must admit, this is the first time I've felt really welcome in an airport ... and it was easy to feel at home, although I have not really learned to speak my mother's tongue.  Good thing Ivatans speak Tagalog and English as well :-)

 

After we had our baggages loaded up in Uncle Lou's van, since we are staying at their place, we got in the vehicle and headed off to Mahatao, my grandma's hometown, and where the Estandantes have lived for decades.

 

We had a brief stopover at the Mahatao Viewdeck, which is along the winding road from Basco to Mahatao proper.  Bee and I took some pictures there.

 

At Aunt Dolly's house, Bee and I chose the room we would be sleeping in then we stepped out with our cameras to explore the place.  The house was very near the Mahatao Port and the San Carlos Borromeo Church.  Took some pictures of the tatayas, or fishing boats, then went inside the church which was newly renovated.

No comments: