Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hosted by Imageshack

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

It's gonna be Hong Kong, not Singapore

Boss Dan asked me Monday if I'm available 3rd week of November because he was going to include me (again) in the shortlist for the bonds seminar hosted by BNP Paribas. I said ok. I wasn't early enough to attend the meeting yesterday (my official time in's 8:30, they start around 8:20, however I DO TRY to be early) but apparently that's when they announced I'm the one going to Hong Kong.

BNP Paribas was already asking for my passport number yesterday afternoon for the plane reservation ... except that I don't carry my passport with me all the time and neither did I list the number in my phone's notes or organizer. Got to bring my passport today to have it photocopied for my travel order.

I think I leave Manila on Sunday, 25-Nov-2007. Since the seminar's till Tuesday (27-Nov-2007), I'm not sure if my return flight's Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. They asked me what time Sunday I want to leave. I chose 10AM ... Boss Dan told me I should take an earlier flight. Told him the only way I could get to the airport 2 hours earlier than 8AM on a Sunday is hire a Taxi ... and taxis coming from our place don't use meters, they operate like rental cars and the minimum I expect to pay is PHP500.

Milette is attending too and leaves for Hong Kong a day earlier. She's the FX bonds trader that usually deals with BNP Paribas. I haven't got all the details yet and she's making most of the arrangements ... which is why I have no idea what Budget Office was asking me regarding the travel order they were preparing for me.

This means ofcourse that I won't be the one to go to Natixis Singapore next year, as everybody in the desk should have a chance to visit and learn from counterparties.

I find it amusing to note that both BNP Paribas and Natixis are French banks.

No comments: