Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hosted by Imageshack

Monday, November 26, 2007

Yet another midnight stop in a hotel cafe

Milette was eating dinner with some friends in Zen Restaurant at the Pacific Place Sunday night and invited us to join them. Problem was, she sent the text invite 8:15 PM and I saw the message at 8:50PM because 1) I was watching the fireworks display, then 2) I was pre-occupied with taking pictures. Since we were still in Disneyland station at 9:00PM, I replied that we won't join her for dinner.

It was around 10PM when we got back to Pacific Place and passed by Zen Restaurant. Peeked through the restaurant windows and didn't see Milette so Jon and I went back to our room to deposit the Disneyland souvenirs we bought. We went out again to buy dinner but after wandering around the Pacific Place mall we found that most establishments were closed... even Starbucks. Zen was still open, but based on the menu at the entrance, it was an expensive restaurant. Went to Admiralty station, but the food stalls there were also closed. Told Jon my feet were killing so we went back to our hotel room. We ate the chocolate mints room service left on the beds and watched cable TV. Voiced out my disappointment that mall restaurants close earlier in Hong Kong than they do in Metro Manila ... wondered how bored I'll be if I visit Cely in Australia, since shops/malls there close earlier.

Jon actually drifted to sleep. When he woke up around 11PM, I asked him if he wants to eat ... told him I'd rather pay for dinner at the Marriott Cafe than walk around Hong Kong looking for a fastfood restaurant - my feet still hurt from all the walking around Disneyland. Found the Cafe prices reasonable and found out that they were open till early morning.

Ordered a salad and a pizza. The servings were big and could actually feed three people. Which made us remember Sam, who was with us the last time we ended up eating in a hotel cafe. That was January of this year, when we watched the finale of the World Pyro Olympics at the SM Mall of Asia. It was hard to get a ride home then so we passed the time eating at the Heritage Hotel's lobby cafe. There seems to be a pattern developing here ... eating pizza in a hotel cafe at midnight after watching a fireworks display.
This is my blog entry for that night:
http://pinoytourista.blogspot.com/2007/01/sm-mall-of-asia-and-2nd-world.html

Was delighted to find out that I could get a wifi signal at the cafe. First sight I visited? lg.org! Ha ha ha! It wasn't wap friendly though so I got tired of reading the message board after a couple of topics.

Tried paying with my credit card, but found out that my credit was maxxed out so I payed in cash. I thought I still had some credit left, but I figured that the hotel has probably reserved that when I checked in - you know, for additional expenses I might incur during my stay.

Disappointed that I couldn't get wifi in the hotel room when we got back.

No comments: