Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hosted by Imageshack

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Last Minute Stuff

Milette gave me detailed instructions on how to get to the Marriott hotel from the airport. Dan told her I've already been there at least twice in my head with the maps he's seen me downloading and printing. They found out I've plotted the hotel, the IFC2, the airport, Mongkok, and Disneyland on a map. It's actually on the google map you currently see on top. Admitted that I've also downloaded the MTR map.

:-)

Amidst their chuckles, I told them it's a habit of mine to try to put the map of a place in my head before I go there so there's less chance of getting lost.

When Milette wondered how much the entrance fee to Hong Kong Disneyland would cost and I automatically gave her the amount, they also found out I've been researching on costs. Ha ha ha!

Dan joked that I shouldn't go around with a map less someone would think I'm planting a bomb. Right... just tell me it's a nerdy and uncool thing to do.

I won't do that though - like I said, I try to put the map in my head so I don't need to be looking at it.

Dan's comment just gave me an idea to put the jpeg and pdf docs in my phone. I may actually be needing to look at them.

Ted asked me to buy a metal strap for his TIMEX expedition watch. Took a picture of it on my phone so I won't forget the color. His girlfriend Judy planned to ask me to buy chocolates that she could give as presents for Christmas, but scrapped the idea when she realized that the probability of Ted eating them is quite high.

Edna of PNB Hong Kong asked how come I'm arriving Sunday while Milette is arriving Saturday ... that means I won't have enough time to shop. Told her Milette is staying with a friend Saturday night, so she doesn't have to pay extra for hotel accomodations.

I realized I should have bought more Hong Kong dollars. I wouldn't get a very good exchange rate for my USD if I exchange them in the airport or at the hotel.

Problem was, I only got my allowance this afternoon... which Budget almost slashed in half because they think that BNP will shoulder our meals. If I got the money earlier, I might have time to exchange it.

No comments: